- Back in 2012, while I was in the middle of producing Dave Sim's KICKSTARTER Funded HIGH SOCIETY AUDIO VIDEO 25 Episodes.
- A fire had destroyed source material of a few issues during the scanning.
- The project was in danger and I assured Dave that I can do a restoration off of the best printed materials available and save not only the production of the episodes, but the work on getting a new HIGH SOCIETY volume in print.
After delivering the 25 Episodes, I had proposed to Dave Sim to officially start the Restoration Project, which eventually passed on to the GREAT Sean Michael Robinson to continue.
- At that time I had the thought of a Cerebus Action figure. I had seen what Oliver Simonsen was doing with the Cerebus Movie and the 3D model specifically. It was excellent! Actually it was better than excellent... It was and is the MOST AMAZING thing regarding Cerebus I have seen! But, the model didn't exactly match the comic book characteristics.
- I wanted to build a 3D model from the ground up with Dave's direct input.
- Since there was no drawing of Cerebus in the "T-POSE" for a 3D modeller to work off of... I asked Dave for his help in providing me the best possible reference to build 3D Cerebus... he generously had drawn and faxed to me a series of drawings (wireframe image shown directly to the left) which then my friend Daniel Grant (who was working for me at the time) Modeled.
- After Daniel had modeled Cerebus, I modeled the helmet, medallions, sword and shield from direct references out of the comic books and what I could find on the internet to fill in the gaps.
- Then I began the painstakingly detailed work on posing and chopping up the model, creating interconnecting joints and hidden screws to hold it all together. (see bottom left image)
- Many 3D prints occurred (several full sized garbage bags full of 3D printed plastic) to test the joints and the fitting of the interlocking parts.
- The development was slowed down, due to work and personal focus on family and friends... The Action Figure evolved and WHILE IT'S STILL BEING DEVELOPED, the figurine took focus.
- Now, after 5 years, the first product in a series of six chess pieces ( KING, QUEEN, BISHOP, KNIGHT, ROOK, PAWN ) is finally ready.